- 200g Plain Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 75g Butter
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Sift 200g of plain flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt. Lightly mix the ingredients together and set aside.
- Mash three bananas in a separate bowl with a masher or using a fork. Add in 150g of caster sugar.
- Melt 75g of butter on the hob or in the microwave and then pour over the banana mixture.
- Crack and beat 1 small egg and add to the bowl of bananas.
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix together until the ingredients are smooth.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into each of the muffin cases.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins turn golden and springy when lightly tapped.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and transfer the muffins to a wire rack. Leave to cool.
You can add banana frosting or icing to each of the banana muffins, alternatively, you can top each of the muffins with some fresh or dried slices of banana.